Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So....what do you do if they wont drink cows milk????....

(4 Posts)
becaroo Wed 09-Sep-09 09:25:45

..didnt have this problem with ds1.

Ds2 is 1 in 2 weeks time. He has been ff since he was 2 months old. We have run out of formula and thought we would try him with cows milk in his sippycup - he has drunk water from a sippy cup quite happily since he was 5 months old.

He will not drink it.

Do I persevere? Do I give ff in his bottle til he is 1 and then stop? Do I just accept he wont drink any milk? (my ds1 is 6 and still has warm milk morning and evening)

I really do not want to buy "follow on" or "toddler milks" as I think they are just yet another way for the formula companies to make money and I want him off his bottle by the time he is 1.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

stealthsquiggle Wed 09-Sep-09 09:30:06

I didn't bother trying to get mine off bottles quite that early (although they were probably down to just bottle at bedtime by then, which persisted until they were 2) but neither of them has really drunk cows milk other than from a bottle (cold, not warm). DD apparently does at nursery, but DS refuses point blank.

As long as he gets calcium from other sources, and is drinking plenty of water, then my attitude would be why worry?

Rhian82 Wed 09-Sep-09 09:33:34

What temperature is he trying it at? DS has cooled (out of fridge, but left for a few minutes to take the edge off) milk in a doidy cup at nursery okay. He's more reluctant to take it at home though.

I think milk is really just about fluids + calcium after one, so as long as he's getting water and something like yoghurt he'll probably be okay.

becaroo Wed 09-Sep-09 09:52:10

...thats the other problem tbh...he wont have yoghurt or fromage frais or weetabix or anything like that with cows milk on either. He does like custard and ice cream though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now