Talk

Advanced search

Mastitis reoccurring in my right breast - WHY?

(2 Posts)
Misspaella Tue 08-Sep-09 13:28:12

I had a nasty bout of mastitis (red hard lumps and flu like symptons) a few weeks ago and ever since then I keep getting red hot patches on my right breast.

Is there a particular reason this is happening?

As soon as I see a red patch (like today) I take Ibuprofen and massage it while feeding. I have also taken the time to use the shower head to massage it deeply.

I am making sure to drain my breasts so I just don't understand why this keeps coming back.

Any thoughts?

ejbab Tue 08-Sep-09 23:52:12

Poor you, mastitis is just horrible. I've had mastitis 3x in the same breast and taken antibiotics each time as my fever spiked. I think the second time I got it back because I only took antibiotics for 5 days whereas the guidelines that I read online - after the fact - say 10 to 15 days to get rid of the infection (stupid dr). Think you might have a residual bit of infection that needs to be killed off with AB? I took strong probiotics to counter the possibility of getting thrush and that seemed to work. HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now