Talk

Advanced search

Stopped bf 5 months ago. Is it normal to still have milk or should I go to doctor?

(4 Posts)
HolidaysQueen Tue 08-Sep-09 11:44:22

I stopped bf 5mo when DS turned 1. It took a while for my supply to fall away, and even now 5 months on if I squeeze my boobs a bit of milk will appear very quickly from the right boob (although not at all from the left). Is it normal for there to still be even a little bit of milk 5 months on, or is the fact that it is still there and only in one boob something I should get checked out by the doctor?

nigglewiggle Tue 08-Sep-09 11:46:43

Just noticed the same myself (4 months on), except that mine is left and not right grin. Never considered troubling the GP, but perhaps give the surgery a call if you are worried about it.

HolidaysQueen Tue 08-Sep-09 12:30:39

Ah well, if we put our two boobs together then we're probably fine grin I'm not worried if it is milk, but I just wondered if it might be that scary thing called 'discharge' that you are meant to check with GP. So just wanted to check if being able to express even a little is still normal this many months on or if it is something to start panicking about irrationally smile.

CMOTdibbler Tue 08-Sep-09 12:39:42

I stopped bfing over a year ago, after bfing for 2 years, and can still express some milk if I squeeze. When I see the GP I will ask, but haven't seen them for a year, and can't be bothered to make an appt just for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now