Talk

Advanced search

Just had the most lovely feed with DS

(6 Posts)
cfc Sun 06-Sep-09 20:48:56

My little one is 17 weeks and we have had our troubles along this bf journey and although we're still not perfect, we're getting there!

Tonight we were getting ready for our bath (DH away in the states on business - sigh - so all alone for bath time). The little one hadn't taken much in the afternoon so I thought I'll get this bath done asap and feed him and put him down.

Well he was chewing away at his hand in the bath and his rubber duckies so I filled the bath a little more with lovely warm water and crooked him in my arm and fed him there. He took it without the drama of earlier in the day and he was gorgeous. I looked down at him (and me) all naked and soft (him, not me!) and he was all ensconced in the warm water just zoning out suckling away and it was gorgeous.

Thank God I persevered.

And thank you to all here who helped me on my way (not that this is over!! I still need help) but thank you so much.

missmelly Sun 06-Sep-09 21:08:55

aw bless, that's so sweet

logrrl Sun 06-Sep-09 21:09:31

A lovely story! It sucks when your DP is away-I did 4 weeks of it recently, but you do collect these moments that wouldn't happen if he was around!

sparkle12mar08 Mon 07-Sep-09 13:39:45

I had a fab one yesterday afternoon, lying in the sun on the picnic rug in the garden, with ds2 snuggled in and troughing away (he was starving!). It was beautiful and just reminded me that I really want to be home with him a bit more.

PrettyCandles Mon 07-Sep-09 13:43:30

Oh, that's so lovely. It's so comforting when a feed goes well. smile Have you tried getting in the bath with your ds, and feeding him there? I first did that because I needed to help bfing get going, and enjoyed it so much that feeding in the bath became a treat for myself!

weegiemum Mon 07-Sep-09 13:45:50

lovely!!!

<<wipes tears away as all my bf dc are at school and haven't fed for 3 years and I loved it>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now