Talk

Advanced search

feeling a bit down re BF - a whinge really

(7 Posts)
stanausauruswrecks Sun 06-Sep-09 15:10:19

DD is 15 weeks and exclusively BF. Two weeks ago, DS came out in chickenpox, I was really confident that DD wouldn't contract it, as she would get immunity via breastmilk.
Unfortunately she started getting spots last night, with more appearing today.
Feel like it's tainted my rosy view of BF slightly. I know it's abit silly to moan about it, when there are others having bigger issues with feeding, but wanted to get it off my chest. Rant over!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 06-Sep-09 15:20:59

Immunity isn't failsafe, even people who have had chickenpox can sometimes get it again. She will probably have it less severely as her immune system will have been boosted by the BF.

dawntigga Sun 06-Sep-09 19:02:41

I've had chicken pox 9 times and shingles once. Each time was less awful than the time before up to the shingles. It might help you to know that dd probably didn't get it as badly as she could of done.

ScarsEverywhereTiggaxx

ThePinkOne Sun 06-Sep-09 20:13:29

I had a right strop when DS got a cold when he was a few weeks old!! 'Why the hell am I bothering to ex BF?!' And he got chicken pox too.

Bigger picture - could have been much worse than if you weren't breastfeeding smile

glaskham Sun 06-Sep-09 20:22:13

Same happened here, but my DD was only around 5lb at the time, she was fine- dont worry about it!!

stanausauruswrecks Sun 06-Sep-09 20:34:29

Thank you- helps to get a bit of perspective smile

deliakate Mon 07-Sep-09 10:19:10

And I know I had chicken pox as a 7 y/o and I was exclusively bf.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now