Talk

Advanced search

Diet to eliminate wind... where on earth do I start?

(5 Posts)
Picante Fri 04-Sep-09 07:59:42

2 week old dd suffering with wind - bottom end. Cries after feeds until she's done some farts - looks in pain while she's trying to get it out. I'm guessing it's something in my diet.

What are the usual culprits? Would I start by eliminating everything or just one thing? What's the most likely thing to cause that kind of wind?

chibi Fri 04-Sep-09 08:25:03

my ds was like this for the first few weeks - i think it is just an immature gut - it has stopped for a while now. he is 12 weeks old (7 weeks corrected for prematurity).

i did not alter my diet.

OmicronPersei8 Fri 04-Sep-09 08:40:54

Can you get to an osteopath? My DD grunted alot with wind until she saw one at 8 weeks, it might be worth a try.

MrsBadger Fri 04-Sep-09 08:57:00

or try the usual methods - leg bicycling on changing mat, gentle tummy rubbing, or lying them face down along your forearm (aka 'tiger in a tree') thus
for a slightly older one face down over a gym ball sometimes helps too

Picante Fri 04-Sep-09 11:39:20

Thanks - she saw an osteopath this morning so we'll see if that helps. Have been doing the leg bicycling thing too. I'm going to cut out caffeine to start with as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now