Talk

Advanced search

help please - how can i wind 2wk dd without her vomiting?

(15 Posts)
olivo Thu 03-Sep-09 18:34:15

dd2 is suffering from wind which is making her quite uncomfortable. however, she is quite a sicky baby and when i wind her traditionally, she vomits quite a lot back up. i have been giving her infacol over the last few days which has been helping her a bit, she trumps a lot, but is there anything else i can do? i hate seeing her so uncomfortable.

Acanthus Thu 03-Sep-09 18:35:28

I never managed it! Some of them are just sicky ones, don't worry smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

olivo Thu 03-Sep-09 18:42:57

that's how i'm doing it, tmmj! over my shoulder was a disaster, couldnt see where the sick went!

i guess i am worried as dd1 suffered from reflux and we had the hassle of syringing gaviscon before every feed when she started to lose weight.

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Thu 03-Sep-09 18:45:24

Maybe you could try stopping and winding her quite regularly during feeds? Stop a build up of wind under the milk iyswim. My DD was a very sicky baby and this was something I wish I'd thought of trying with her (as it was I just got puked on a LOT!)

olivo Thu 03-Sep-09 18:48:12

I'll try that, mycat.
I actually feel better that i've not got the only sicky baby around!

mmmmmchocolate Thu 03-Sep-09 18:54:51

I second winding during the feed. Then if shes sick she only brings up a small amount of milk rather than the whole feed.

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Thu 03-Sep-09 22:58:28

let us know how it goes (then I can wish even more that I had done it smile).

Acanthus Fri 04-Sep-09 09:50:28

I always used to wind when I changed sides, still got loads of sick. But then he used to sick a lot between feeds too. I thought babies had to wear bibs at all times, was astonished whenever I saw one without one. And I still reach for a muslin to put over my shoulder whenever I am handed any baby under 1 to hold! Don't worry - just do lots of washing loads.

olivo Sat 05-Sep-09 20:06:17

she is still vomiting with any winding, whether done halfway through or whenever! have upped the infacol which seems to help both the wind and the vomiting a bit, but have booked cranial osteopathy for this week, so hoping that does the trick before the washing machine gives up from overuse!

gigglewitch Sat 05-Sep-09 20:09:42

Our community midwife told us to put a 10-day old ds1 who threw back most of his milk if we winded him, in one of the bouncy chairs which say "use from 6 wks onwards". She said don't try to wind him by patting his back at all, but put him in the chair and let him sort it out himself. He did. Don't know if you would be frowned on / at for doing this, but it worked for us smile

olivo Sun 06-Sep-09 08:48:49

thanks gigglewitch, will try that. actually, didn't know those bouncy chairs were for 6wks + blush

MyCatIsAFleaBagNoMore Sun 06-Sep-09 14:11:41

I'm sorry that didn't work. Try what gigglewitch says. I hope it works.

olivo Sun 06-Sep-09 18:57:15

thanks, mycat. it was definitely worth a try!

trixymalixy Sun 06-Sep-09 21:06:58

Sit baby up and wiggle her round in a circle. Also wind regularly throughout the feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now