Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding sculpture

(60 Posts)
beanieb Wed 02-Sep-09 16:23:45

What do you think of this?

it's supposed to be Angelina Jolie breastfeeding. This guy gets on my tits (no pun intended) because he does these awful sculptures of people like britney Spears giving birth and I find them slighty gratuitous. What do you think?

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 20:40:48

There was a thread about this recently. It's awful. No one can breastfeed like that. Unnatural and ridiculous. Britney had a CS. The guy is a moron. IMO.

thisisyesterday Wed 02-Sep-09 20:43:46

lol that's exactly how you would breastfeed if you have twins! what makes you think you couldn't?
i';ve seen at least 3 people bf twins that way, and many more pics of it

what do i think of the sculpture itself? i have almot no opinion on it at all lol
although i applaud anything that brings breastfeeding into the media and helps "normalise" it in some way

and by that no, i don't mean that this makes it look normal. i mean that the more people see breastfeeding in public the more normal it becomes.

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 20:46:05

I would love to see her chiropractic bills breastfeeding twins like that with no cushions!

What a load of old bollocks.

LadyStealthPolarBear Wed 02-Sep-09 20:49:30

I quite like it. And if it makes one person think that well if some women feed twins then maybe the average woman has enough milk for one baby and so rein in the comments, then it's good for me

thisisyesterday Wed 02-Sep-09 20:49:34

erm she clearly had cushions when she was actually feeding.

but you're hardly going to add them to the sculpture are you? i mean, it's kind of obvious no?

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 20:51:34

What are you on about thisisyesterday? Make your mind up love

Eirlys Wed 02-Sep-09 20:53:25

Agree with thisisyesterday.
Old thread here

LadyStealthPolarBear Wed 02-Sep-09 20:54:23

I think tiy means that in the same way the sofa / carpet she's sitting on isn't sculpted, neither are the cushions. Just the humans!

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 20:55:50

thisisyesterday I mean how she is leaning, it's not about breastfeeding though is it, it's about this knobhead trying to make 'anything sexual' - that's his boast. I am well aware of feeding with the baby in that position

Eirlys Wed 02-Sep-09 20:56:44

oops I'm too slow. But actually I agree with this is yesterday again! What doesn't make sense? - To pose (if she did) AJ could have been sitting in a comfy chair surrounded by 10 pillows and cushions as you do....but they're not going to look good in the sculpture.

thisisyesterday Wed 02-Sep-09 20:57:08

make my mind up about what?

i thought it was pretty obvious that when she was sat feeding the twins she'd have been using a cushion,
it isn't part of the sculpture because, well, why would it be???

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 20:57:18

Lol. Just not very articulate then!!!

"no one can breastfeed like that"

"yes they can I've seen it loads in real life"

"they would need cushions"

"the cushions aren't in the sculputure.

The thread should have gone:

"no one can breastfeed like that"

"yes the can I've seen it loads in real life WITH CUSHIONS"

LMFAO!

LadyStealthPolarBear Wed 02-Sep-09 20:58:18

I used to feed hands free with DS on a cushion on my lap - that would have made an interesting sculpture - the levitating baby, attached only by a nipple! He'd have needed a lot more stone for my stomach as well

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 20:59:25

She did not pose for it.

thisisyesterday Wed 02-Sep-09 20:59:43

or perhaps you just aren't very perceptive?

i didn't mention the cushions because i thought it was blindingly OBVIOUS to anyone with half a brain that she would have been using them

i fail to see how that is me being inarticulate.

perhaps you are just a little dim?

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 21:00:42

Jesus you lot are being a bit bitchy, it's only a fucking sculpture

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 21:00:46

Met too LSPB - mine would have had me peering at the missing laptop while I mumsnetted!

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 21:01:28

Wank on thisisyesterday, wank on.

oneopinionatedmother Wed 02-Sep-09 21:02:28

i thought Jolies boobs were bigger than that?

thisisyesterday Wed 02-Sep-09 21:03:38

so eloquent shakira

oh, maybe that isn't articulate enough for you? would you like me to explain what i mean again?

Eirlys Wed 02-Sep-09 21:04:17

hmm I didn't see the full moon alert when I logged on?

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 21:04:29

That's it, keep going, nice and hard now.

thisisyesterday Wed 02-Sep-09 21:06:25

aww bless, you really don't have anything even remotely witty or interesting to say do you?

why not give yourself a bit more time to think before your next reply? you might come up with something. unlikely, i admit, but let's give it a go shall we?

oooh i know, extra points if it has something to do with wanking, as that seems to be your speciality tonight, make it easy for you

shakirashakira Wed 02-Sep-09 21:08:24

Wowsers you're delicate thisisyesterday, it's ok, it's only mumsnet. You'll live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now