Talk

Advanced search

WHAT IS THE BEST ELECTRIC DOUBLE PUMP OUT THERE? Advice pls.

(9 Posts)
Misspaella Wed 02-Sep-09 07:59:50

Hi there
I am looking to purchase an electric double pump and have no idea where to start. I am currently using a Medela Symphony which I hired but I am returning it in a few weeks time.

I used to have the Medela mini electric but after 3 DC's it has packed itself in (and is REALLY LOUD!).

I really want a double pump as I have found the pump I hired a godsend re expressing with 2 other DC's to look after. I currently express 1-3 times a day for about 10min each time and get at least bottle or 2 so looking for something that is efficient.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated before I spend the ££.

smile

foxytocin Wed 02-Sep-09 08:35:03

get the ameda lactaline. small light quiet v good robust and about a 3rd the price of the medela one.

CMOTdibbler Wed 02-Sep-09 08:41:45

The Ameda Lactaline v v good. I bought mine second hand on ebay, used it 5 days a week for a year, and it was still going strong when I sold it on

MrsBadger Wed 02-Sep-09 08:44:01

another vote for the Ameda Lactaline
transformed my lunchbreaks

NB for storing milk consider Axifeed bottles (google for suppliers) rather than bags as they are reusabale (just dishwash) so cheaper in the long run, stack neatly in the freezer and never ever leak. They also attach directly to the pump should you wish.

Misspaella Wed 02-Sep-09 08:48:25

fab
thanks girls!

Shanster Thu 03-Sep-09 17:58:50

I have a Medela Pump In style, I like it a lot.

1stMrsF Sat 05-Sep-09 21:21:08

I have an Ameda lactaline - found it very good, easy to use, quiet, efficient etc.

I use Sterifeed bottles to store which fit the lactaline directly so you can just pump into them, put a lid on and pop them in the fridge/freezer.

dawntigga Sun 06-Sep-09 19:48:26

I love my Ameda

IMayHaveSaidThisBeforeButILoveMyAmedaTiggaxx

kittykittybangbang Sun 06-Sep-09 20:50:19

Another vote for the Ameda Lactaline! It was fantastic, meant that I could carry on expressing until DS was 1. I tried loads of breast pumps and this was the most efficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now