Talk

Advanced search

FOREIGN CREATURE IN HIPP ORGANIC FORMULA! Has anyone else found a grub type thing in their formula?

(14 Posts)
MsBump Tue 01-Sep-09 17:35:48

Hello just wondered if anyone else has found anything strange in their HIPP organic formula??? I know its meant to be organic but a few days ago I found what looks like a small grub when I opened a fresh packet. I phoned up to complain and they have asked me to send it to them to have it analysed. I had to throw the pack away and bought another of the same formula (HIPP Hungry baby) as didnt just want to change the formula because it suites my baby, and now I think I'm going mad as I made up a bottle just now and there's another strange looking husk/grub thing in it! It's really small so can't tell if this is the same as the other 'creature' as that really looks like a grub to me!

Is this just me or has anyone else had problems with HIPP formula??

Schrodinger Tue 01-Sep-09 17:38:20

shock

Is this for real?

Why did you throw it away if they'd asked you to send it to them?

If you suspect it's contaminated, then you need to take it back to the shop - it may be a batch problem.

MsBump Tue 01-Sep-09 17:41:37

i kept the grub...i just meant i couln't feed it to baby! It's obviously not a bad batch as bought them from two different supermarkets.

sherby Tue 01-Sep-09 17:43:09

phone trading standards

and hipp again

and don't throw it away

Schrodinger Tue 01-Sep-09 17:48:50

you need to keep the formula (or even just the box) ideally along with proof of purchase. they'll be able to trace the date of purchase/batch numbers etc.

MsBump Tue 01-Sep-09 18:35:40

Will ring them tomorrow again. I just think it's odd and now don't want to feed it to my baby until I know what these small brown things are!

Schrodinger Tue 01-Sep-09 19:22:38

phew, that's OK then.

do they do Hipp in ready made cartons you could use in the meantime?

MrsMagnolia Tue 01-Sep-09 20:26:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foxytocin Tue 01-Sep-09 20:36:59

not the first time I have heard of this and formula. Less than a year ago someone in my post natal club had a similar find. weevils. she just binned it saying maybe they got in the tin in her house and me saying it probably isn't.

further proof that formula isn't sterile.

foxytocin Tue 01-Sep-09 20:38:23

I almost posted what msmagnolia just said. I found out those facts from reading Fast Food Nation about 10 yrs ago.

Schrodinger Tue 01-Sep-09 21:34:50

blergh - this is why you need to make formula up with water over 70C. meep!

feedthegoat Tue 01-Sep-09 21:44:03

I found some sort of creepy crawly thing in a tim of formula I'd opened the day before a few years ago. I wrote to them stating I wasn't complaining just concerned that the batch was contaminated. I'm surprised I noticed it really as it was exactly the same colour as the powder which was the worst thought.

I got a very long letter in return detailing their processes with the general outline being that it couldn't possibly have happened at their end! Oh, and two tins of formula, just as a goodwill gesture obviously!

TheCrackFox Tue 01-Sep-09 21:51:22

Bloody hell shock. Grubs in formula.

Please excuse me whilst I quietly vomit.

MsBump Wed 02-Sep-09 15:15:52

tell me about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now