Talk

Advanced search

Breast Size!

(4 Posts)
Confusedfirsttimemum Tue 01-Sep-09 09:12:50

I have a bit of a daft question. My breasts have (as I expected) increased in size a lot whilst breastfeeding. I have gone up about 2/3 cup sizes. This also puts me up from a 12 to a 14 in clothes.

My DD will be 6 months in the autumn and starting on solids. I plan to keep breastfeeding until she's at least one. Can I expect my breasts to decrease in size as the number of feeds per day decreases, or are they likely to stay this way until I stop totally? I need to work out if I need new autumn/winter tops!

dorisbonkers Tue 01-Sep-09 09:38:13

Hi there. I went from a 32DD to a 34F and am still feeding my 10 month old day and night. I am in the same Anita bfeeding bras as when I started out.

Mind you, they are slightly softer but not much smaller. And my periods haven't returned.

I have opted to buy clothes in my shoulder size (14 is just too poufy and baggy for me) and make sure they are stretchy or a bit looser in style.

If you go up to 14 you may find the shoulders don't fit and look wrong.

Maybe nightweaning may make a difference?

Renwein Thu 03-Sep-09 16:23:21

HI, am currently bf DS2 (11 weeks) and, digging out my old feeding bras from DS1 whom I fed for 14 months, I have two sizes - 32J and 32G. Unfortunately, DS1 is now 4 and I can't remember if I went down to the G cup when DS1 started solids (seven months), when I nightweaned (eight months) or when I went back to work and went down to two feeds a day (ten months). I think it was probably when he started solids so I wouldn't spend too much money yet! I wish I could remember as I would like my norks to get less giant sooner, rather than later, this time round.

Confusedfirsttimemum Thu 10-Sep-09 17:05:07

Just realised that, v rudely, I never said thank you for the answers on this. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now