Talk

Advanced search

Making up bottle feeds for nursery

(4 Posts)
hallcarpet Tue 01-Sep-09 08:06:24

My daughter is starting nursery for a day next week and they have asked me to bring all the bottles needed for the day already made up, as they are not allowed to mix up formula even when the powder is already measured out. They say all the mothers do this with no problems. However, whenever I try and find out any information about this, it says to make up each bottle individually when needed as making up in one batch for the day could make your child ill. What are these other mothers doing that I'm not realising? I'm sure their children aren't falling ill, but I'm at a loss to work out what to do. Any advice gratefully received.

PrincessToadstool Tue 01-Sep-09 08:07:36

Could you provide cartons instead?

I would not pre-mix formula as per the guidelines.

foxytocin Tue 01-Sep-09 08:33:51

email the link on safe bottle feeding from the Dept of Health to the nursery or print it off and take it in. they are to be following the guidelines and Ofsted would agree.

hallcarpet Tue 01-Sep-09 09:14:51

thank you for your responses, very helpful. I'll speak to the nursery again this afternoon and see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now