Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding twins - help

(6 Posts)
mum2twin100 Mon 31-Aug-09 22:52:47

Hi mums.

I have been breastfeeding my twins now for 5 months and feel that i might have not enough milk now. That is because they feed quite a lot during the day and they like to feed at night a few times.

Do I stil co-sleep with them and may be that is the reason why they wake up so many times to feed?

They will feed only for 5-7 minutes and then stop. They will start sucking util i get an inflow and then when the inflow stops they stop.

I also havn't introduced solid food yet.

I tried to give them a bottle tonight and they really didnt like it. They were making such a funny faces as i was trying to feed it to them.

I was wandering how was it working for you?
I would really love to just BF them and have no bottles.

I would really appreciate any advice or comment you can give me.

Thank you all!

Tryharder Tue 01-Sep-09 00:32:09

Hi, I haven't bf twins but I think you are probably worrying about nothing. If you have got to 5 months without a bottle then you are clearly doing something right!!! It's all downhill from now on. If you don't want to give a bottle, then don't! I am still co sleeping with my 15 month old single baby and he still wakes up once or twice in the night for a feed and tbh, I don't worry about it.

CMOTdibbler Tue 01-Sep-09 09:18:51

They sound like they are doing great it's normal for 5 month olds to want to feed during the night.

My DS always fed for 5 minutes once past the newborn phase - some babies are very efficient

kathryn2804 Tue 01-Sep-09 10:21:19

They have another growth spurt around this time. It's not as well known as the others because people used to just wean them. Now research suggests weaning later, the growth spurt is more noticable as they're still just on milk.

There's no way you're not producing enough milk, you've got this far!! Babies do tend to really mess around at this age when thry're feeding, so it's nothing to do with you, it's normal behaviour for a 5 monther and it's REALLY frustrating!!

Hang in there, you're so cloes to 6 mths and you've done brilliantly!

kathryn2804 Tue 01-Sep-09 10:22:13

Just to add I breastfed my twins, and once past this stage it was so easy. Hang in there til weaning time!!

Mine used to feed for 5 mins too.

mum2twin100 Thu 03-Sep-09 13:48:04

Thank you so much for yr advise and support : )
i think i will carry on bf and start giving them a bit of food and see how they behave until they 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now