Advanced search

still feeding my ds at 8 and a half months and never want to stop

(13 Posts)
alex7715 Fri 28-Aug-09 22:55:12

who feels like this too . xxxxlets be so proud of ourselves xxxx

PacificDogwood Fri 28-Aug-09 22:57:53

smile

Well done, you two!!

Yes, I was v proud of myself, too, when I finally successfully Bf DS3 after not having managed so well with the previous 2. <<whispers: but was well ready to stop at 14 monthswink>>

DontQuoteMeMisogynistBastardDM Fri 28-Aug-09 23:04:06

Me! DD is 10mo and I can't imagine what it would be like not to feed her.

lollyheart Fri 28-Aug-09 23:05:31

I do, my ds2 turns 1 next week, it was'nt easy at first but i stuck at it this time after failing to bf my first 2sad, we are both very happy at the momentsmile

alex7715 Fri 28-Aug-09 23:06:15

well done to you both too . xxxx

LackaDAISYcal Fri 28-Aug-09 23:09:10

WEll Done Alex and DS smile

I'm still feeding my DS2 at 10 months but it's been such a hard slog with problem after problem that I can't say I feel like I want to feed him forever. The little bugger isn't keen on anything else to drink though, so I probably will be at this rate wink

I'm proud of my perseverance though.

Skillbo Sat 29-Aug-09 11:55:50

I do even though my lo is only 2 1/2 months.

I am having to go back to work before she is 6 months though and am gutted that I am going to have to cut back on feeds (purely on a practical level - will still feed when I am home!)...

I am very envy of SAHM's...!

NKffffffffe749edcfX11d6d7397af Sun 30-Aug-09 23:28:34

My DS is 8 months and I has been exclusively b/f until now (as well as on solids since 6 months). This past week I've started expressing and giving him a bottle to teach him how to take it as I'm going back to work soon.

I'm still giving him a b/f before bedtime. I'm thinking of giving him "follow-on" formula for his day feeds now as it's not practical to express his other feeds every day.

Can anyone advise me on which formula to go for? I'm concerned about him gaining lots of weight unnecessarily.

I've loved b/f but am quite excited at the prospect of getting my body back to its old self. I'm also surprised at how much I enjoyed feeding him with a bottle these past couple of days, though I love the cosiness of his bedtime feed and the satisfaction of him looking so sleepy and satiated in my arms! Not sure how much longer I will continue it - I don't want it to be traumatic for him when I decide to stop and I imagine the older he is, the harder it will be. Does anyone have experience of this?

Not sure if this train of thought it approprate to this thread...!

AnathemaDevice Mon 31-Aug-09 15:29:51

Think I'm going to feel like this too. DS is 5 months and I'm feeling very sad that soon he'll start on solids and I won't be his sole source of food any more.

hackedoffandcross Mon 31-Aug-09 19:41:42

To the OP - my DS is 8mo and I feel the same at the moment after struggling to 13weeks with DD, fab isn't itgrin

NKF - If you can get him used to drinking water in a beaker he may well be happy with food and water while you are at work, and BF when you are around? Thats what I'm hoping to do as I'd rather not give formula but let him try cows milk after 12mo. Depends on whether you work very long days, how much solids he is on, and what you would prefer though...And he may feed more at night to catch up on missed BF in the day (as I understand)

boyraiser Mon 31-Aug-09 19:43:37

Coming up for 2 years. Sometimes I think it's a bit full-on, but TBH it's only a couple of times a day now, and mostly for comfort, and it gives us the chance of a lovely cuddle before he takes off to be all independent again. Don't let anyone else tell you when to stop - it's up to you and your DS.

Iggi999 Mon 31-Aug-09 19:58:44

Thought my DS was going to keep feeding till he was 14! grin But he stopped feeding by his own choice a few days after he turned two. Was initially a bit sad but that soon wore off!

dinkystinky Mon 31-Aug-09 20:16:55

I'm BFing DS2 at nearly 7 months and love it (particularly when he comes off smacking his lips grin)and really dont want to stop ever - but have started to move to bottles of formula during the day as am back at work in 2 weeks and wont be able to express milk for him when at work which makes me feel quite sad but makes the morning, evening and night feeds more special. He's on aptamil follow on milk for his 2 day time milk feeds - purely because it was the same one his big brother went on to for mixed feeds at 7 months - and on a slow flow teat and is pretty good at stopping when he's full (often takes around 5 or 6 oz only).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now