Talk

Advanced search

Adoptive mother talking about lactacting on women's hour now.

(11 Posts)
cfc Fri 28-Aug-09 10:07:10

It's quite emotional actually.

A really lovely story and such dedication!

cfc Fri 28-Aug-09 10:08:16

She used a surrogate I think.

pigletmania Fri 28-Aug-09 11:20:10

oh does that mean that it can be done at anytimne if bf did not work and milk dries up can you relactate again. My 2.6 year old is a bit old now but would have loved that when she was a baby as my milk dried up. could i have taken pills to help milk come again so that i could have tried again.

bethoo Fri 28-Aug-09 11:22:36

i think you have an injection which stimulates the boob to start lactating i think!

StripeySuit Fri 28-Aug-09 13:09:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovemydogandmrobama Fri 28-Aug-09 13:56:47

Amazing story about re lactation, or whatever it's called when one has never lactated....

Only ruined by the discussion of male lactation shock

Reallytired Fri 28-Aug-09 16:12:24

Whats the problem with male lacation? Its only done in brave and desperate circumstances.

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 28-Aug-09 16:20:17

males can produce milk? I didn't know that. I think that'd be great! Really bonding.

verylittlecarrot Sat 29-Aug-09 00:01:39

I met an adoptive mother a few weeks ago who had relactated for her daughter. I think she expressed for a long time, and eventually after many months (may have been more than a year I think) her daughter suddenly got the hang of latching on - at the age of two! Now totally a boob monster.

I was completely in awe of her dedication and perseverance.

Amazing woman.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 29-Aug-09 07:25:34

I think that's brilliant.

QueenOfFuckingEverything Sat 29-Aug-09 22:23:08

When I did my doula course a few years ago, one of the other women there had adopted two girls from India and had managed to BF both of them (not at the same time, they were adopted about 3 years apart).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now