Talk

Advanced search

Should I cut back 10 mth old DS's milk?

(4 Posts)
Jojay Thu 27-Aug-09 20:51:05

DS2 has about 24 oz of formula a day split into 4 feeds, plus cheese, milk on cereal, yoghurts etc.

He's BLW-ed and eats really well so I've got no worries with his solids intake.

I breastfed on demand until a few months ago so cutting back his milk seems a bit of an alien concept to me.

But many kids of his age seem to ahve a lot less.

Can anyone give me a good reason to cut back his milk?

Otherwise I'll carry on as I am grin

BosomForAPillow Thu 27-Aug-09 23:33:27

My 10 month old also has about 4 milk feeds a day (actually she's nearly 11 months and I reckon she was on at least 5 a month ago) so I reckon it's normal. I know some have a lot less (a friend's 9mo has only 2 a day) but with BLW it's all about the baby cutting back when they feel ready so I'd carry on as you are!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 28-Aug-09 02:28:31

My 11mo DS has 3 feeds totalling about 15 oz, but I think I need to cut back on the afternoon feed as he's not always interested in dinner. The only reason is if they are filling up on milk to the detriment of a varied diet I suppose (different if it's BM of course).

Jojay Fri 28-Aug-09 20:56:22

I think I'll carry on as we are, but I might start offering his mid morning feed from a sippy cup.

He's pretty rubbish with them so far, so it might give him an incentive to have a go.

Thanks for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now