Talk

Advanced search

MIL gave dd3 chocolate today...

(56 Posts)
misdee Mon 30-May-05 21:06:22

it was literly a tiny crumb of a piece. she seems unsettled this evening, please tell me i'm being paranoid and upset for no reason (apart from MIL going against my wishes).

starlover Mon 30-May-05 21:09:08

chocolate????? she's only like, a couple of months old isn't she??

ambrosia Mon 30-May-05 21:09:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ambrosia Mon 30-May-05 21:10:03

dejags Mon 30-May-05 21:10:22

sure there isnt any reason to worry about her physically but sorry I would be worrying about the incident overall if I were you.

My DS is 9 months old and I'd have a fit if somebody gave him chocolate.

misdee Mon 30-May-05 21:10:26

she is 3months old. MIl did the same with dd1. feeling more and more peed off as time goes on, but dont want a fall out.

boobie Mon 30-May-05 21:10:46

My mother told me she gave me Milky bar regularly from when i was 3 months and I survived. Although I do have a choc addiction now .

misdee Mon 30-May-05 21:12:15

thing is with dd1 and 2 it was recommened by Hv back then (only 5 and 2 years ago) to wean at around 4months. so it didnt bother me too much. but nowe i am determined to get to 6months if possible.

LGJ Mon 30-May-05 21:12:57

Misdee

Is she allergic ??

If not, the tiniest crumb, wont do any harm, honest.

I remember putting melted ice ceam on my finger for a very close friends baba, I was severely hauled over the coals.

Same child, is effectively sugar deprived and now has a sugar habit, so it is difficult to know what to do.

cod Mon 30-May-05 21:13:38

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 30-May-05 21:14:26

LGJ, she is too young to know if she is allergic. all she has had till now is breastmilk.

dd1 also said that FIL gave dd3 some ice lolly. grrr.

cod Mon 30-May-05 21:15:28

Message withdrawn

LGJ Mon 30-May-05 21:16:05

OK

I shall shut up..............

ambrosia Mon 30-May-05 21:16:30

misdee Mon 30-May-05 21:16:44

cod, she is 3 MONTHS old. if she was 3years old, or even 9months old iwouldnt be bothered.

cod Mon 30-May-05 21:17:21

Message withdrawn

ambrosia Mon 30-May-05 21:17:31

cod Mon 30-May-05 21:17:35

Message withdrawn

lilsmum Mon 30-May-05 21:18:03

i remember when lilly was 6 mth old, had just swapped her milk back to normal formula after suffering a lactose intolerance (was on SMA lf from 3 mth to 6 mth) and i caught FIL and MIL giving dd trifle i nearly blew my top!! fresh cream with a baby just maybe had gotten over a lactose intolerance...grr! needless to say she puked big time! just a shame it wasnt all over them

misdee Mon 30-May-05 21:20:22

cod, my other 2 have eczema, just trying to minimise the chances of dd3 devoloping it further.

lilsmum Mon 30-May-05 21:20:22

i have to say, i would flip big time at a 3 mth old been given chocolate...well out of order!

dejags Mon 30-May-05 21:23:52

ambrosia, I have absolutely no problem with giving him a biccie now and then, I just wouldn't be too happy if somebody gave him sweets and chocs.

I am not evangelical about it - DS1 stuffs himself senseless. DS2 is a real porker so I try to keep his diet to the straight and narrow as possible.

I think I was saying that people doing things against my wishes would really p me off iyswim?

misdee Tue 14-Jun-05 22:28:12

arrrrrrrgh, they had her chomping on toast at the weekend. i told them to stop.

collision Tue 14-Jun-05 22:38:01

My Mum tried to give ds1 strawberry icecream when he was 3 months old and had only had breastmilk. I was less than impressed and she looked at me and said, OH! You're going to be one of those mothers are you!' Grrrrrrr

However, in answer to Cod's query about children who dont have sweet things.....I looked after 3 children who were banned from cakes, sweets, choc, biscuits, crisps, fizzy drinks etc (not because of allergies but because their parents were obsessed with fitness and tried to put their 6 yr old skinny daughter on a diet!) They only ate fruit and yoghurt for pudding. It was embarrassing at parties because each of them refused to participate in any games as they were gorging themselves with party food. Poor kids.

The more you ban something the more you want it.

Misdee, I would have been cross too.

Janh Tue 14-Jun-05 22:41:00

cod, I take it your boys don't suffer any allergies?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: