Talk

Advanced search

Burping/wind? HELP!!

(8 Posts)
Worrier28 Thu 27-Aug-09 12:28:48

It's grinding me down, my baby is so difficult to burp so he never finishes a feed. I think this is also a contributing fact to why he is so restless at nights. I've tried all the usual things, he is 17lbs so changing positions is difficult or when he is throwing himself back. I've tried infacol, dentinox, is there an age when this will correct itself? He is 5 month?

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 12:44:05

use gripe water the best thing for wind in my opinion

also if bottle feeding wind after every ounce and leave sitting up for 10 mins after feed my ds soon settled after 6 mths and becoming more active

also he slept with pillow under mattress to raise head

Worrier28 Thu 27-Aug-09 12:55:37

Ok, will try the gripe water and pillow trick, he also screams sometimes when finsihing a feed, I'm sure he thinks I'm stupid! Thanks.

tethersend Thu 27-Aug-09 13:00:08

Not sure if you're bf or ff, but if ff or ebm:

Try Doctor Brown's bottles; they really helped when my dd was that age and had the same problem. They take in less air with them. I don't know why. Definitely worked though.

Or you could try an easy digest formula?

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 13:03:39

it could be his taking in too much air with feed causing belly ache by the end which winding after every ounce if ff or during bf would help maybe easy flow teat if bottle feeding as could be sucking too hard on teat and taking in too much air

Worrier28 Thu 27-Aug-09 13:40:04

He has just started on Tomme Tippee bottles and 3 month plus medium flow teat.

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 14:49:57

he may just be like my ds a very windy baby but gripe water was fab

Worrier28 Sat 29-Aug-09 17:10:04

Is trapped wind related to reflux? I'm beginning to think he has silent reflux or perhaps it is just the teething. He's always been hard to wind and always been a bit funny on his bottle but generally drank well. Now he will only take a bottle if he is almost sleeping, if he is awake, cries, arches his back etc. He rarely farts and poops once every other day. Perhaps I should give him some juice? Any suggestions? I've bought some gripe water and have just started on that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now