Talk

Advanced search

too much feeding caused upset tummy?

(2 Posts)
JoJoCY Wed 26-Aug-09 21:52:32

I am bfeeding my 5 week old dd and for the last week she has been pooing after (and sometimes during) every feed. I am feeding on demand and probably feed her about 10 times a day, which means at least 10 poos a day! I am changing her nappy after every poo but she has still got nappy rash and it's looking really sore and raw now.

The poos are yellow, but very liquidy. I don't remember my ds poos being so runny. I think she might have a tummy upset, but my health visitor said it was probably just because she was feeding a lot. She suggested trying to get my dd to go for longer between feeds. She can go for two and a half hours between feeds, but mostly goes an hour and a half to two. She normally feeds between 40 mins to an hour. Not sure if I should try and stretch the feeds out or not.

Thanks.

LargeGlassofRed Wed 26-Aug-09 22:22:58

sounds normal to me, dt's are 8 weeks now but were feeding that often and almost every nappy was pooey.
This changed about 6 weeks now we usually have one massive clearout every day grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now