Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop the really hard pinching

(4 Posts)
dorisbonkers Wed 26-Aug-09 07:55:23

My daughter is 10 months and still frequently breastfed and several times in the night. I also feed her to sleep. Thing is, for a good few months she's really pinched, kneaded, rolled, kicked and wriggled as I try to feed her to sleep. Sometimes I can just take it, but sometimes she sheer rough physicality of it mounts up and it makes me annoyed. She pinches and scratches so hard I have light bruises and broken/knackered skin on the top of my breasts.

She's too young to be disobedient and she is teething, but when I've had no sleep and she does this for what seems hours it feels like a physical assault almost! Not like the maternal fog I wafted about in until she was 7 months old.

She's also bitten a few times, but not really that hard. I've said a firm 'no' when that's happened.

I've tried a toy - she's not fooled.
I've tried a long necklace - seems to keep her from falling asleep.
I've tried holding her hand - sends her bananas.
I've tried trimming her nails and just letting her do it - it is ok for 10 mins and then it begins to hurt and annoy me.

Any advice?

belgo Wed 26-Aug-09 08:00:23

Sympathy - I have bruises on my arms where ds also aged 10 months pinches me when feeding! He has certainly developing a firm pincer grip!

It really really hurts when he does it, and I tell him off, disattach him, and he just laughs - the little monkey!

wellbalanced Wed 26-Aug-09 12:23:22

I have the same from my 4 mth old, he'd a real pincher, Sometimes i yelp in pain but that upsets him.

hanaflowerhatestheDM Wed 26-Aug-09 12:36:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now