Talk

Advanced search

Apparantly my dc would prefer a sibling to being breastfed and 'who am i doing it for anyway'?

(26 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Aug-09 21:54:37

OK so am i being trolled or is she for real on this thread? www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/807409-TTC-whilst-extended-bfing-Advice-please?msgid=16588763

GirlsAreLoud Tue 25-Aug-09 21:57:45

She's not a troll, she just doesn't think breastfeeding a toddler is as important as conceiving another child.

EldonAve Tue 25-Aug-09 21:59:26

thread about a thread is bad form tbh

fishie Tue 25-Aug-09 21:59:52

awen she is a real poster. one with issues around bfing. i could talk for pages about bf and conception and siblings but don't really fancy it with people like that about.

thedollshouse Tue 25-Aug-09 21:59:53

I think it is a personal thing and not appropriate for the poster to comment in the manner that she did.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Aug-09 22:03:38

sorry eldon, dodnt mean it to be bad form.

OK not troll then, thanks fishie. Just was a bit taken aback.

EldonAve Tue 25-Aug-09 22:09:14

It's easiest to do an advanced search first on a poster's name and see if they have MN history

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Aug-09 22:15:54

I shoudl have eldon (been here a while) just so bloody annoyed at the rudeness of it that i just assumed.

ReneRusso Tue 25-Aug-09 22:31:51

Sorry, I know she expressed it a bit harshly but I sort of see her point of view. It does seem a bit pointless (to me) to complain of fertility problems while breastfeeding.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 25-Aug-09 22:34:45

Rene - I havent complained... <sigh> I do have fertility issues but thats life.

ReneRusso Tue 25-Aug-09 22:37:23

I know - I realise you didn't even start the thread.

WoTmania Wed 26-Aug-09 07:30:30

Rene, Lots of people conceive while BF. Why would you not complain about not being able to?

EldonAve Wed 26-Aug-09 07:43:46

the original thread was posted by someone struggling to conceive while bf

ReneRusso Wed 26-Aug-09 10:58:08

Because breastfeeding regularly tends to suppress ovulation. Ok sure, people are entitled to complain all they like. But it is equivalent to using a mild spermicidal lubricant and complaining you can't conceive. Do you think a doctor would waste time investigating your fertility?

WoTmania Wed 26-Aug-09 11:49:23

but for most western women it doesn't suppress it for a massive amount of time. Hence you get so many tandem nursers.

thesecondcoming Wed 26-Aug-09 14:06:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ReneRusso Wed 26-Aug-09 14:30:28

seems bonkers to me

thesecondcoming Wed 26-Aug-09 14:46:16

Rindercella Wed 26-Aug-09 14:53:37

Hey rene and 2ndcoming, guess what! I am still b/fing DD (who will be 2 years old this weekend)...and am pregnant! Amazing the human body isn't it hmm

thesecondcoming Wed 26-Aug-09 15:02:45

lal123 Wed 26-Aug-09 15:25:43

I also agree that if you want another baby and you are breastfeeding you have to weigh up which is more important - continuing to breastfeed your existing child or increasing your chances of conceiving another child (by however small an amount). I don't know how I would prioritise

thesecondcoming Wed 26-Aug-09 15:39:42

GirlsAreLoud Wed 26-Aug-09 17:38:06

The thing is, whilst many people can and do conceive whilst breastfeeding in this particular case Awen has said that she can't undertake fertility treatment until her DS is weaned.

So there is a direct link between the two, isn't there?

MamaMaiasaura Wed 26-Aug-09 21:32:41

Have left just popped on to mail a few people goodbye for now. But just wanted to clarify that firstly gp and fertility consultant were and are fully aware i'm bfing. IT is the same consultant to helped us conceive ds2. It is also not affected my fertility on a hormonal level, the PCOS does that all by itself. The issue is that I cannot take metformin whilst bfing. There was hope clomid would work on its own and actaully recently they have stopped recommending the use of metformin with clomid as it apparantly may not help. THe clomid didnt work on its own so consultant thinks should take with metformin, but due to the small chance of it giving ds2 a hypo we have decided to leave it till he is weaned. How that is whinging I have no idea. It is fact, if you search ttc whilst on clomid you will see that it is how I have said it.

I am so glad that for the 2ndcoming that it gave her such 'excitment' to be so offensive and deeply personal. I am walking away now.

DreamsInBinary Wed 26-Aug-09 22:57:44

Awen - did you really post a thread bitching about another MNetter, and then came back on it to flounce hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now