Talk

Advanced search

infacol after feed started

(4 Posts)
hairband Tue 25-Aug-09 12:12:40

If a baby has had 5 glugs of a EBM feed and then is given infacol, could this end up causing them pain? Happened to my baby last night, ended up in spasms of pain, then refused the bottle totally and I had to get up to BF.
I know the packet says give BEFORE a feed so could this have been the problem?

Or could it have been the teat? A 2 hole teat has been used no problems up to now, but should we be using a 1 holer as baby only 8 weeks (3 corrected)

Thanks in advance!

thinkaboutthepepilepticdogs Tue 25-Aug-09 14:18:49

I would often forget to give the infacol until after a minute or two of feeding and never had any problem because of it (I think). Might have just been a one off??

mumface Tue 25-Aug-09 14:57:51

If you are using Avent I'd say 2 holes fine that is slow flow.If Mam should be ok as thats 8weeks plus.However Tommee Tippee say 3 months plus for their medium flow. It could have been that baby took a gulp of air during first glug or crying before the feed can get wind in their tummy, This has happened with mine before.

moaningminniewhingesagain Tue 25-Aug-09 15:50:02

IIRC if combining breast and bottle feeds, it's best to stick to newborn/slow flow teats regardless of baby's age, as faster flow is too different to BFsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now