Talk

Advanced search

Agonising boobs at 20mths - is there such a thing as "filling up pains"?

(5 Posts)
Caz10 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:12:32

I seem to recall vaguely reading about this somewhere - something to do with milk ducts becoming inflamed or something?

I feed my 20mth dd 2-4 times in 24hrs. When I have fed her after a long gap, eg today I fed her at 6am then not again until about 8pm, I get terrible shooting pains in my boobs shortly (about half an hour or so) after feeding. No other obvious problems, no engorgement, no redness etc etc. Just bloody bloody sore boobs, esp the left.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? Or advice?

Thanks!

lljkk Tue 25-Aug-09 12:04:47

I have something similar with right side.
I know that DS's teeth are involved, plus he pulls a lot when feeding.
I'll be interested in any other advice you might get.

Caz10 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:16:47

How old is your DS lljkk? It's sore isn't it?!

lljkk Wed 26-Aug-09 08:17:23

Yeah, was sore, but has faded down now, so maybe one of the DC blundered into my poor boob at recently, and that's why it hurt.
DS is 18m, has very sharp teeth angry, and pulls a lot when feeding. I am very close to making him stop (only 1-3x/day anyway).
Your problem sounds more chronic. Maybe keep bumping this and hope someone like TikTok can advise.

Caz10 Wed 26-Aug-09 17:39:32

Yes, am hoping Tiktok is around tbh! DD pulls a lot too, and def clamps down a lot more on the sore side.
Are you going to try to cut down/stop altogether? I think about it every so often but I'm not sure, but that's another thread...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now