Talk

Advanced search

4 month BFed old 'snacking'

(4 Posts)
Tummum Sun 23-Aug-09 21:18:49

My lovely DS (DC3, now 4 months old) has been Bfing really well, started sleeping through at 3 weeks, I was very happy wink.

The trouble I have been having over the last couple of weeks is that he is not taking a full feed of milk. After the first couple of minutes he is pulling off (whilst my milk spills everywhere), having a good nose around to see what it happening, and won't get back on, either to the same breast or the other one. I know he is an efficient feeder, but he can't be getting enough at each sitting as he is now feeding twice as much as before and waking up 4 times a night.

Has anyone got any tips on how to encourage him to stay at the boob for longer other than sitting in a darkened room?!

TIA

WoTmania Sun 23-Aug-09 21:25:36

Ermm sorry but sitting in a quiet room. They're buggers at this age. DD is 6 months and I can't feed her when out. On-off off-on. Gah.
NOt much help to you though. Sorry.

Comewhinewithme Sun 23-Aug-09 21:31:52

DD (3 months) has just started doing this also she starts feeding then will suddenly decide to give me a big gummy grin and drop off or try and have a nose round.

Not sure what to suggest though apart from the quiet room which I know is not always possible .

hanaflowerhatestheDM Sun 23-Aug-09 21:41:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now