Talk

Advanced search

Baby's top lip is dry - any ideas why?

(5 Posts)
heartmoonshadow Sat 22-Aug-09 17:08:15

Hi,

My baby boy is 7 weeks old and for the past couple of days I have noticed his top lip is very dry and there is a sort of - bubble of skin - that is dry, no fluid in it. Today when he woke up it was ripped and hanging down and obviously annoying his although I am loathed to pull it off in case that hurts him.

He is Formula fed could this be the problem?

HMS

greensnail Sat 22-Aug-09 20:01:56

dd had this at one point, i thought it was just where her lip was rubbing while she was feeding. I think it just cleared up on its own, but you could put some vaseline on it.

bumpybecky Sat 22-Aug-09 20:08:21

my babies have had this too, I think it's caused by friction when feeding. Mine were breastfed so it's not bottle feeding that caused it! I didn't pull it off, just waited until it fell off. Vaseline sounds like a good idea though

heartmoonshadow Sat 22-Aug-09 20:38:44

thanks for the replies ladies - I had an idea it was normal it is good to know it is not the bottle - I will use the vaseline on his sore lip tonight once again thanks

hms

FrameyMcFrame Sat 22-Aug-09 21:28:43

they call it a nursing blister, my DS had these but as the soft skin on their lips gets used to the sucking they go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now