Talk

Advanced search

25wk old with sickness bug-?cont demand bf

(5 Posts)
mum2JRC Sat 22-Aug-09 10:56:21

My son seems to of caught the sickness bug my older son had earlier in the week.
He's exclusively BF and no solids have been started so do I just continue BF on demand or should I give him boiled water or diarolyte first?

Thanks for any advice

norktasticninja Sat 22-Aug-09 10:59:47

Definitely continue BF on demand in any case. He'll probably drink little and often to keep his fluids up. DOes he seem dehydrated, floppy or weak? DOn't hesitate to see the out of hours doctor in that case.

Hope the wee chap is feeling better soon smile

Olihan Sat 22-Aug-09 11:05:47

Yup, just keep bfing on demand.

mum2JRC Sat 22-Aug-09 13:03:38

Thanks for the advice. Was sick at 10am. 2-3 lots of full force vomiting. After the 3rd lot of vomiting his colour improved and he was trying to crawl after some paper on the floor so must of felt a bit brighter.

I've also just read in the womanly art of breastfeeding, that if your baby is vomiting to express some milk off first so they can not take as huge a feed but feed them more often to prevent any dehydration

He's just had a sleep so will see how he is when he wakes

Thanks for the advice smile

moondog Sat 22-Aug-09 13:24:47

Breast milk is absolutely best thing for him.

We have had a few outrages here on MN with idiot GPs and nurses suggesting crap like Ribena to tiny sick breastfed babies but they were sent on their way with metaphorical boot up the arse.
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now