Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone found a good underwired nursing bra?

(12 Posts)
memoo Fri 21-Aug-09 11:39:12

At 36H and growing, non underwire is not an option. But i'm stuggling to find anywhere that does larger sized underwired nursing bras.

KirstyJC Fri 21-Aug-09 11:45:33

anita maternity goes up to H cup, but it is a small H cup (I wear it and am normally a G) so might not work. Try Figleaves.com - I think that's where I got mine. Bravissimo is good for larger bras, but I don't think they do underwire. Bit silly really, if you're that big you need underwires!

Good lucksmile

GreenMonkies Fri 21-Aug-09 11:53:05

I just got a well fitting normal underwired bra and put nursing catches on them, once my babies were toddlers and not feeding so often I started to just drop the strap off my shoulder and hoist my boob over the top of the cup, but that's not comfy if you're doing it 800 times a day with a newborn!!

memoo Fri 21-Aug-09 12:51:35

thanks guys, sorry to sound dim green monkies but did you sew the catches on yourelf? and where did you get them from, thanks.

GreenMonkies Fri 21-Aug-09 13:41:21

Yes, I sewed them on myself, and I cut them off the useless saggy non-supporting un-wired badly fitting nursing bras that were allegedly the right size!

NoHotAshes Fri 21-Aug-09 14:36:07

Figleaves do them.

plonker Sat 22-Aug-09 01:33:08

Try bras 4 mums

I bought several nursing bra's off them after dd3 - they even came out and did a home fitting smile

Can highly recommend

hth

BoBoo Wed 02-Sep-09 11:25:20

GreenMonkies, that is genius! Thanks for the idea, it would never have occurred to me.

sashalouise Fri 30-Sep-11 11:04:22

I have bought mine from www.envie4u.co.uk who stock Anita bras right up to an I cup. Even better you get a colour choice and larger cup, amazing! They are a local company in Cleckheaton (West Yorkshire) and are great over the phone 0113 8980077 if you need to return or want any fitting advice - definitely worth a try and top of my list for nursing nightwear!

Scaredycat3000 Fri 30-Sep-11 11:22:05

Hi I'm a 34HH, which is equivalent to 36H. sorry to say this forget Anita brand, they work on the continental (I think) sizing, not the British sizing, I have one of their I/J bras and it's to small. They skip FF, GG, HH. My only option is this in a 36H and I will take the back in after birth and my rib cage has gone back. It is large in the cup and the drop clips are a bit funny, but it does fit.
I was going to take the clips of old nursing bras and sew them onto new under wired bras, and I will probably still do this to get some variety.

MigGril Fri 30-Sep-11 13:04:39

I feel your pain, I'm a 36HH at the moment. I'm about to do what Green has done, it's importnat the the bra fits well and rest's on the ribcage and not on the breat tissue.

There are a limited no of placese that do larger non-wired which I used early on but I've never found they give the best support and as I'm still feeding an 11month and will carry on for some time yet I've had enough of unsupported boobs'

The best place for larger sizes are Bravisimo and the NCT do some to.

cara2244 Fri 30-Sep-11 22:46:38

I bought a bravado underwired and it's great, very supportive. It was over thirty quid but well worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now