Talk

Advanced search

Dream feeding..

(3 Posts)
SheWillBeLoved Thu 20-Aug-09 18:19:54

Does this work for everyone? Something I'd be quite interested in trying but I can't get my head round how it would work. Once DD starts falling asleep when feeding.. it's pretty hard to rouse her again and she loses all interest in any food if you continue to let her doze off. Usually have to change her nappy half way through a feed to wake her up, and then she'll finish.

So how is it that if you half wake a baby.. they will naturally suck and take the feed? Sorry if this is making me sound like a big thicko blush but logically, if they won't take/complete a feed when they have woken themselves for it and so therefore must be ready for it... what makes them take enough of a feed when you have woken them and they aren't as ready as they could be, that will stop them from waking for the next few hours?

thisisyesterday Thu 20-Aug-09 18:21:02

i've never been able to do it.
my babies do not just take the breast and suck while asleep. just doesn't work. and waking them up just makes them grumpy and defeats the purpose.

so, my advice is don't bother lol

KEAWYED Thu 20-Aug-09 18:24:25

DS3 is 14 weeks and we have been doing it for about 4 weeks. We tried in sooner but he wouldn't take the milk.

I feed him myself mostly. I put him to bed at 6.45 because he's pooped then between 10 and 11 I give him a bottle of formula which he finishes and he will sleep then until about 7.30.

Now I tried the dream feed at first with a breast and he wouldnt take it but he suckled from a bottle.

He wont take a bottle when he is awake though.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now