Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

11 month weight/height up for BFed DS- is a big discrepancy normal?

(5 Posts)
aurorec Thu 20-Aug-09 13:01:05

Hello
DS is just over 11 month, he's exlusively BFed.
He gets 5/6 feeds a day plus a big vegetarian lunch and dinner.
About a month ago he got a bad sore throat/fever and didn't eat anything for about 24 hours- he visibly lost weight but has been eating with a solid appetite since!
He sleeps through the night and has started crawling/standing up.

I got him weight and measured yesterday and he was on 92 precentile for height (he's always been tall) but only 15 percentile for weight.
Is is something I should be concerned about?

I also forgot to mention to the (rather abrupt) HV that he doesn't do any soft poos- they're always small and hard, with colour variation depending on food (sorry if it's TMI). Again something I should be concerned about?

belgo Thu 20-Aug-09 13:04:49

It doesn't sound like you've got anything to worry about, my ds - also ten mounths, bf, eats whatever we give him- is on the bottom curve for weight and about 60th for height. But like your ds, he is crawling, standing up, and all of my children have been long and slim.

Regarding the poo, is he in any discomfort? If not, then most likely that is fine.

aurorec Thu 20-Aug-09 13:19:10

No apparent discomfort. He poos quite often (at least twice a day) and doesn't seem to have any issues with it.

KiwiPanda Thu 20-Aug-09 14:49:31

My DD (8 months, also vegetarian!) has always been around 50th centile for height and below 9th for weight. Just think how they'll thank us when they are skinny teenagers who can eat like a couple of horses...

whingingDailyHateMail Thu 20-Aug-09 16:03:14

My 8mo DS is just under 9th for weight, 50th for height, BF and eats v well, also mostly fairly firm poos but thrivinggrin Sounds normal to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now