Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD is 20months, I'm pregnant again and we've stopped breastfeeding

(4 Posts)
Liz79 Wed 19-Aug-09 19:25:34

and I'm devastated. I can't explain it, I know she's not rejecting ME and she still loves me and knows I'm her Mummy, its just that the milk has changed and she's a big girl now and growing up and 20 months is a really long time and I've done really well, had to stop sooner or later and now is probably right but oh my god it is so sad. I can't remember the last time I cried so much.

MiniMarmite Wed 19-Aug-09 20:00:35

Hi Liz

Not been in your situation yet but I know where you're coming from.

You have done brilliantly and in a while you'll be able to remember bf DD fondly but it must feel terribly sad right now.

LaTrucha Wed 19-Aug-09 20:26:56

My DD is 19 months and has just very rapidly self-weaned. I feel sad about it, but not sad enough to say yes on the couple of occaisions she has asked me.

I have been feeling really low and sad in general today though, and wonder now if this has been caused by the hormonal change. This might be, mightn't it? And it might be worse if you're pregnant.

Although right now I feel like sobbing, then going upstairs, waking her up and feeding her now, I have also thought that now is as good a time as any to stop. I don't think it's would ever be something I was happy about, but I'm happy enough.

I've found myself giving DD so many cuddles today she's beginning to look at me strangely!

Well done for bf for so long. It's a lovely relationship, isn't it? I actually came on to this topic to start a thread to celebrate having bf for so long as people on here really helped me at the begining, but when I saw this I thought I'd do it here instead.

I also remember crying about almost everything when I was pregnant.

thisisyesterday Wed 19-Aug-09 20:33:28

aww LIz, i know exactly how yu feel.
ds2 weaned when i was pregnant with ds3, he was 16 months and iw as so gutted, he loved nursing so much and only stopped because there was hardly any milk there

i still feel sad about it, and sometimes i even resent feeding ds3 because i ougt to still be feeding ds2 as well.

i regret getting pregnant so quickly now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now