Talk

Advanced search

increase in night feeds, decrease in day feeds

(3 Posts)
minnietheminx007 Tue 18-Aug-09 09:31:32

hi everyone, hope you can help with this. My daughter who is 11 weeks has started waking more regularly through the night, she has gone from waking once or twice to 4 or 5 times, i dont think it is a growth spurt as her day time feeding hasdecreased if anything, its like she has switched around! I have started putting her in her own bed (next to mine) after co sleeping so i dont know if its a comfort thing but she does seem to take a full feed when she wakes in the night. Is anyone else experiencing this or any advice on how i can convince the little mite to sleep for longer in the night, id say she is barely going two hours at the moment.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Tue 18-Aug-09 10:39:49

Sounds like she's not quite got day and night mixed up. You need to take her outside in the afternoon to increase her production of melatonin (the hormone which makes her sleepy). You should also offer feeds more often during the day and eliminate distractions when you are feeding her (often they only snack if something is going on which is more interesting). It could also conceivably be illness or teething which is waking her. Sadly you are a bit stuck with teething for at least another year. Is she gnawing on everything is sight, drooling and red cheeked? If so perhaps some teething gel would help?

It is tough I know, I went through similar with both of mine, but it does get better

minnietheminx007 Tue 18-Aug-09 11:09:53

she has been a bit more dribbly yes and very chewy/sucky so maybe it is her teeth. i havent really been taking her out much though so i shall factor an afternoon walk into our routine, i never thought about that but it makes sense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now