Talk

Advanced search

sicky BF baby

(6 Posts)
WobblyPig Sun 16-Aug-09 21:47:01

Does anyone else have a very sicky BF baby.
My 12 week old seems to bring back large volumes up to 20 times a day. She never feeds for long typically less than 5 minutes at a go and then seems to bring a lot of it back. Then feeds again in 2 hours.

The vomiting generally doesn't bother her but is very messy and makes me very concerned about her intake.

I wonder whether switching to bottles may reduce her windiness which may be causing the vomiting.

Anonymumandlikeit Sun 16-Aug-09 21:49:56

Could she have reflux?

dd was like this,she gained weight but was a very "Sicky and windy baby and was dx with silent reflux,eventually.

If you are worried I would discuss it with your HV/GP.

GruffaloMama Sun 16-Aug-09 22:46:15

DS was v sicky until he was prob about 7 months. Windiness only seemed worse with bottles, for us I'm afraid. I don't think he had reflux proper - he didn't seem to mind being sick and put on weight well. I just got used to making sure I had plenty of muslins to hand. It did eventually get better!

Is your DD putting on weight okay? Having wet and dirty nappies? If so she's probably getting enough even if she is bringing a lot back up. She could also be feeding for comfort and bringing up what she doesn't need.

As Anon said, a chat with HV/GP might be an idea to discuss possible reflux.

motherlovebone Mon 17-Aug-09 07:57:12

i wrote a thread like this about 8 months ago about my greedy sicky bf baby. he still yaks now if he has too much. do get it checked out if you are worried. im sure there is less wind via breast than bottle.

mawbroon Mon 17-Aug-09 09:31:07

Hi Wobbly. Have a read about oversupply here

Does any of this sound familiar?

StripeySuit Mon 17-Aug-09 09:45:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now