Talk

Advanced search

Can I sterilise a days worth of bottles on a morning and them be ok to use at each feed?

(7 Posts)
Phoenix Sun 16-Aug-09 20:04:33

Or do i need to sterilise a fresh bottle at each feed? If they are put together do they stay sterile?

We're hoping to go off for the day tomorrow and i'm going to use those cartons of formula.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 16-Aug-09 20:14:31

I always sterilised in one go then used them up throughout the day. Otherwise each feed will be even more of a faff.

If I were to bottle feed again I would not bother to sterilise, they don't do it in Australia or America at all and their babies survive. If you have a dishwasher use that, otherwise soapy water and a hot rinse, allow to air dry and all will be fine.

ilovesprouts Sun 16-Aug-09 20:16:35

you will be ok i did that with all my 3dcs

Ceebee74 Sun 16-Aug-09 20:18:47

I have done that for DS2 and he is now 9 months old and seems ok - never had any stomach bugs that I can remember.

Meglet Sun 16-Aug-09 20:18:48

you should be fine, I always sterlised them at the same time. I think it's leaving prepared milk in them that is a no-no.

pigletmania Sun 16-Aug-09 21:08:30

you should be fine, i did this with my dd when we went on holiday and she was absolutely fine.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Aug-09 21:24:36

I sterilise the bottles I'll need for the next day and fill with boiled water in the evening, leave in fridge and shake in the milk as required. DS is 11 months old, and fine. I sometimes top up the bottle of water with boiling water to warm it up, shake up all the water (before adding the milk powder) to mix it through. I measure out all the powder I'll need the next day too, and store it in one of these powder pot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now