Talk

Advanced search

Have you got a nipple twiddler?

(16 Posts)
Deemented Sun 16-Aug-09 18:56:48

Not so much a problem in the day, but at night when dd, 15 months feeds, she insists on twiddling the other nipple and it sodding hurts!!!

I try and cover the oter nipple, or move it away from her, but she insists on finding it and won't settle to feed until she has it between her fingers - then she twists and pulls and generally tweaks it.

Anything i can do about it?

Deemented Sun 16-Aug-09 21:08:07

Anyone?

gloomysue Sun 16-Aug-09 21:13:49

I have a twiddler too, have no idea how to stop it but had to let you know you are not alone. My dd is 2 now and I have given up trying to stop her, just grin and bare it.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 16-Aug-09 21:34:38

Bumping, as I have been meaning to start this thread myself actually but been a bit busy wink
I have one of these.
DS (16m/o) no longer b/f but twiddlers more for a comfort, during the day during cuddles or if he comes into us at night. I am constantly pulling his hand out from down my top hmm
Any ideas?

mawbroon Sun 16-Aug-09 21:44:26

I gave up trying to stop ds doing it too.

He is 3.10yo and still does it, but is more willing to stop if I insist. I threaten to end the feed if he doesn't stop, but I guess that's not going to work at 15/16 months.

DS did tell me that he did it because he gets more milk out that way. It seems to be part of the whole experience for him and I found it easier just to go with the flow, unless it hurts.

missmuddle Sun 16-Aug-09 21:47:04

stopped bf at 16 mo - but dd3 still has to nipple twiddle at regularinterbals during the day its ok wheb we are at home but a little embarassing when we are out and about
any suggestions welcome

ABitBatty Sun 16-Aug-09 22:05:44

My 15mo DS oes it too! Not all the time but it hurts when he does. In fact, the whole feeding thing is painful as he wriggles around and stands on his head whilst keeping my nipple in his mouth shock if he enjoys it so much then why can't he just lie nice and still like newborns do!

StripeySuit Mon 17-Aug-09 13:08:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StripeySuit Mon 17-Aug-09 13:11:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AchduLieberHimmel Mon 17-Aug-09 13:20:03

27 month old has always twiddled. I could never stop it. Feeds from one side, pulls twists, twiddles, tweaks the other. I tried everything but she desperately seeks it out and won't settle without it.

It does serve a useful purpose in that it speeds up milk flow apparently but slowly becomes just habit/comfort.

I've given up and just let her.

BunnyLebowski Mon 17-Aug-09 13:28:40

My frighteningly strong 10 month old DD twiddles, twangs, pulls, bites and generally abuses mine.

She's also recently taken to rapidly switching from one to the other like a mad woman.

Also I have to tie my hair back while I feed her or she pulls on it so hard it comes out shock

Oh and now she pulls my top down and helps herself much to DP's amusement!

She's a wee boob abuser smile

freyski Mon 17-Aug-09 13:35:58

My 13 month old also does this. I cover my nipple and give her a set of toy keys that she likes to rattle instead. The title of this tread remined me of my poor bil. He was sent to the 24hour tesco at three in the morning to purchase nipple guards for my sister who was having a hard time breast feeding my 2 week old niece. In his sleep deprived state he asked a shop assistant where he could find nipple tweekers!!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 17-Aug-09 13:43:18

DS (12 months) has started to do this. I can mostly fend him off but he's becoming more insistant.

He likes to squeeze a handful of whichever boob he isn't feeding from, and has recently taken to shoving his head into my cleavage and blowing a raspberry as a way of requesting milk, which DH finds hilarious.

Oh and he also yanks my top down at random moments - doesn't want to feed just wants to grab my boobs. hmm

Deemented Mon 17-Aug-09 13:44:46

grin at nipple tweekers!

It seems no matter what i cover them with she seeks them out - and because i'm pregnant they are extra sensitive and it doesn't half hurt!!!

LadyOfWaffle Mon 17-Aug-09 13:47:10

DS does this, I have to tuck the duvet around it blush when I am feeding. I wonder if a nursing necklace would help (though prob. not very safe in bed...)

puffylovett Mon 17-Aug-09 13:48:05

Yes, he's called DP grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now