Talk

Advanced search

'MISSED' 2 FEEDS AND MY BREASTS HURT LOADS.....HELP

(6 Posts)
toria77 Fri 27-May-05 08:54:58

HI I AM IN PROCESS OF SWITCHING FROM BREAST TO BOTTLE, SLOWLY INTRODUCING MORE BOTTLE FEEDS EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS, LAST NIGHT MISSED 2 NEW FEEDS AS WENT OUT AND MY BREASTS WERE LEAKY AND REALLY HURT- SHARP PAINS- ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS AND ANY ADVICE?
AM I JUST GOING TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT AS MY BODY GETS USED TO IT?

TracyK Fri 27-May-05 09:02:42

Can you express a little bit to ease it - I kept expressing for a couple of weeks till my body got used to not so many feeds. Kept expressing 2 or 3 oz morning and evening and gradually reduced from there.
Still took about a month for all pains to go away.

Sponge Fri 27-May-05 09:49:57

It took me ages to cut down successfuly. I could only take out one feed at a time and had to go with that for a few days until I could leave the next one. Took me at least 4 weeks I think.
If your breasts get too full then express a bit to make you more comfortable.

toria77 Fri 27-May-05 09:51:03

ok thanks, didn't know if i expresing a little would just prolong it... thank you

mears Fri 27-May-05 09:54:06

Also you can use cabbage leaves to ease the discomfort. Take paracetamol. No need to suffer completely full breasts - there is some evidence that you can completely empty your breasts with an electric pump a couple of times too. Also no need to go cold turkey when stopping feeding. You can drop a feed every few days to let your body adjust. Depends the urgency of needing to stop.

toria77 Fri 27-May-05 10:01:32

thanks- am stopping over 1 month period , will take all tips into consideration, thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: