Talk

Advanced search

Freezer containers for expressed milk?

(8 Posts)
vanimal Sun 16-Aug-09 09:11:51

I am new to this expressing malarkey, have just expressed this morning and realised I have nothing to store this in in the freezer [half-asleep mum emoticon].

What should I use? Preferably something cheap I can get down at my local Asdas today.

MissisBoot Sun 16-Aug-09 09:16:35

boots do bm freezer bags - not sure if I've ever seen them in asda though.

DrCosyTiger Sun 16-Aug-09 09:23:58

Hi Vanimal, welcome to the mad world of pumping. I'm afraid I've only come across bm storage bags in boots as well. The boots own brand ones are really good - mine have never split - and you can get them delivered off the internet. In the meantime, could you keep it in the fridge in the bottle? I think it's OK there for about 3 days.

vanimal Sun 16-Aug-09 09:32:26

Problem is I only have one bottle at the moment - this is storing my miniscule valuable stash in the fridge at the moment.

Can I keep taking this bottle out and adding to it over the next few days or would that ruin the milk?

MissisBoot Sun 16-Aug-09 13:08:16

BM only keeps for a while in the fridge so think that would ruin the milk if you kept adding to it.

DrCosyTiger Sun 16-Aug-09 13:19:33

Hmmm, I have added EBM to a bottle in the fridge over the course of a single day and then used it either the following day or the day after. And the official guidelines are that EBM keeps in the fridge for 3 days. I'm not too sure about adding milk over several days though, that would make me a bit twitchy tbh, although I'm not basing this on anything other than instinct.

MadameOvary Sun 16-Aug-09 13:24:50

Can you get Avent Via cups in Asda? They are good for storing EBM, and reusable a few times too.

vanimal Sun 16-Aug-09 19:22:20

Thanks for the comments guys

I did have a look in Asda but no joy. My sis is going to pop to Boots tomorrow and pick me up some bags.

I'll get rid of the milk I expressed this morning and freeze the fresh batch tomorrow I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now