Talk

Advanced search

Can pregnancy hormones affect breastfed toddler?

(5 Posts)
quickoneoffthetypist Fri 14-Aug-09 20:15:47

Just a quick name change as I'm not ready to announce up-the-duff status to the world (sorry).

My breastfed toddler has been incredibly out of sorts since shortly after the time of implantation bleeding. Really fragile, lots of crying, gassy, and tired. There are lots of other things going on, such as teething, having a cold and just getting older, that could be (and probably are) responsible but it all seems a bit too coincidental... could progesterone be getting into the breastmilk and upsetting her? Sorry if daft question - never read anything about this before - and thanks!

Babieseverywhere Fri 14-Aug-09 22:02:03

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Don't think so. My toddler had no reactions like you describe and she nursed throughout my second pregnancy.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 14-Aug-09 22:06:34

Not in my case either. Congrats on your forthcoming lumpyness

Babieseverywhere Fri 14-Aug-09 22:14:16

Oh, here is the Pregnancy and Nursing Support thread if you want to lurk for a while

quickoneoffthetypist Fri 14-Aug-09 23:26:23

Ooh goodie, thanks for the reassurance (I'll attribute it to the other things, then ) and the congrats (though very early days yet so I'll not jinx it by announcing!).

And I shall duly lurk and learn! :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now