Talk

Advanced search

Were your babies sitting up at 6 mths?

(8 Posts)
HoppityBunny Fri 14-Aug-09 14:29:29

Wanted to ask that were your babies actually sitting up at 6 mths when you put them on solids?

My dd1 sat up at nearly 8 mths and DD2 sat up at late 9 mths. I put them on solids at 6 mths, despite the advice to wait till they sat up.

I haven't come across any baby yet I know that sat up alone at 6 mths to be honest. Do you think the when to wean onto solids advice is a bit misleading?

midnightexpress Fri 14-Aug-09 14:31:00

Mine were both sitting up at 5 months, and I know lots of others who were too. So yes, they were both sitting up when they started on solids.

Sheeta Fri 14-Aug-09 14:33:13

Ds was 8 months, and not very well until 9 months, but well into solids from 6 months.

HoppityBunny Fri 14-Aug-09 14:33:16

Gosh, that really surprises you know! My babies must be been so late!

crokky Fri 14-Aug-09 14:34:41

Both mine sat up at 9/10 months. But plenty can sit up at 6m, DS was the last to sit in my antenatal class.

2girls2love Fri 14-Aug-09 14:35:30

DS1 was sitting up at 6 months, but DS2 almost 8 months and still not sitting up, she prefers to roll around.

I weaned her at 6 months and she quite happily sits in the highchair, I did prop her up abit with cushions though to start with.

HoppityBunny Fri 14-Aug-09 14:35:46

I am glad to have noticed including myself that mums here still went ahead with the solids even if their babies weren't sitting up yet. Well, what can you do? You can't wait for ever can you? Cos you just don't know when that baby is gonna sit up! I thought DD2 never would!

HoppityBunny Fri 14-Aug-09 14:43:54

I had told my HV, but my baby not sitting up yet to start weaning? But she said I must go ahead anyway???!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now