Talk

Advanced search

Back to work, breastfeeding and bras!

(10 Posts)
juanitad Thu 13-Aug-09 10:58:21

I am going back to work in just less than 3 weeks. DS will be 9 months. I am now bfing just morning and evening, plus whenever he wakes up at night, which is once or twice. I am planning to carry on doing the same when I go back to work (and hoping he will cut out the night feeds soon!). As I am not fully bfing any more, do I still need to wear a non-underwired bra? Up to now, I have just been wearing a normal nursing bra, but I'm wondering if I can go back to underwire during the day at work....it would be nice to have some uplift again! Or is there still the potential of blocked ducts even though I am bfing less? Any thoughts/experiences appreciated! Thanks.

CMOTdibbler Thu 13-Aug-09 11:42:34

As long as you get the bra properly fitted (a nice independant lingerie shop or Bravissimo if you are larger of nork is much preferable to a department store or M&S), it shouldn't be a problem. I just made sure I changed out of the underwire bra as soon as I got home so that I gave myself a rest

SJisontheway Thu 13-Aug-09 11:46:52

As far as I know, the only problem with underwire bras is if they are ill fitting and digging in. I would reccomend getting measured up and make sure it's perfect and go with the underwire. Mind you, I also use underwire nursing bras (Anita) They are fantastic. I just waited till baby was a couple of months old and size had settled down. Never had any problems.

hairband Thu 13-Aug-09 11:57:01

I found John Lewis fantastic - they sold me Royce underwired nursing bras and were excellent at measuring

HolidaysQueen Thu 13-Aug-09 11:59:10

Bravissimo were and are brilliant - really understood importance of where wiring sits etc. when bf.

I did the same - went back when DS was 11mo and down to 2 feeds per day, and didn't have a problem at all with wearing wired bras.

muddleduck Thu 13-Aug-09 12:02:07

another vote for a well fitted normal underwired bra.

TigerFeet Thu 13-Aug-09 12:11:22

I wore normal underwired bras at work and then changed into a nursing bra when I got home. The nursing bra would then stay on all night and back in the underwired bra in the morning.

Another vote for Bravissimo/John Lewis rather than M&S. M&S are notoriously poor at getting bra fittings right.

juanitad Thu 13-Aug-09 20:17:23

Thanks for that everyone, that's what I was hoping to hear!! I usually get my bras in Bravissimo, I have always found M&S to be a bit dodgy when it comes to sizes. Am so excited now, am already planning my shopping trip for lovely new bras!

dinkystinky Thu 13-Aug-09 20:22:38

Juanitad - word of warning; when I dropped down to morning and evening feeds only I found my bra size changed after a couple of weeks so may be worth making sure you're already on morning and evening a couple of weeks before you go bra shopping wink

juanitad Thu 13-Aug-09 20:29:52

Thanks dinky, I have been down to morning and evening only since las weekend, so might be worth putting off my shopping trip for another couple of weeks like you say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now