Talk

Advanced search

BF mummy wants to know how/when intro cows milk as drink.

(4 Posts)
sophiebee Wed 12-Aug-09 16:49:16

Have BF daughter for a year and understand should introduce cow's milk as a drink soon. Obviously use whole milk in her foods but unsure when and how much to drink. Love breastfeeding and want to continue as long as poss. Any advice please?

MamaKaty Wed 12-Aug-09 16:53:34

Using whole milk in her food is a great way to include it in her diet but it's my understanding that how much cows milk she drinks isn't actually something to worry about whilst she's still being breastfed. You can offer milk as a drink with 'meals' but water and diluted fruit juices are just as good. She will continue to get more nutrition from breastmilk than cows milk for as long as you continue to breastfeed!

sophiebee Wed 12-Aug-09 16:57:58

Excellent. Thanks for that. It all seems a bit confusing in the books. She's feeding really well both booby and solids so you don't think I should get too hung up on it 'til we finish breastfeeding?

HelenBabyHToBe Sun 16-Aug-09 10:41:54

how long are you thinking of cont BF for ?! i have a gorgeous wee boy 11 months and 3 weeks and adore BF. Unfor am returning to work 7th sept and will have to stop mid day feed and replace it with cow milk...... so so sad.....
i was considering keeping b feeding am and pm but would love another baby and am worried it will slightly redice my fertility ?! does anyone know if it does?! am only feeding 4 or 5 times per 24 hoursnow

good luck hx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now