Talk

Advanced search

How many extra bars of chocolate do you eat compared to pre-breastfeeding?

(6 Posts)
eclairea Tue 11-Aug-09 19:42:39

I know breastmilk is 'free' but I reckon it costs me at least £1.50 in extra chocolate (nice dark stuff) per week. And that is before I count all the extra puddings, ice cream etc. And I am not putting on any weight - I just hope I can adjust back when I stop (DS is 10 months, only having 2-3 feeds a day but I am still hungry!) How much more do you think you eat compared to pre breastfeeding?

whomovedmychocolate Tue 11-Aug-09 20:38:20

Oh tons but don't negate the 'running after the little buggers' calories either! grin

onepieceoflollipop Tue 11-Aug-09 20:46:06

I started to eat chocolate every night (as opposed to 4-5 times a week) when dd2 was born 2 years ago. In my defence I did bf for 18 months. However I still eat chocolate every day (unless out for a meal), anything from 50-100g per day. blush

Thankfully I am fairly slim as I would struggle to give it up. I do intend to cut down at some point though. The rest of my diet is reasonable healthy.

I was constantly ravenous in the first few months of bf. I would estimate I was eating 3000-4000 calories per day but I was one of the lucky ones in that the weight fell off me. With both dds I was lower than pre pregnancy weight before the babies were a month old.

WorzselMummage Tue 11-Aug-09 20:47:22

I eat a lot more but have got a lot fatter !

Booooooo

ladydivine Tue 11-Aug-09 21:05:07

I ate chocolates loads when feeding at first. I convinced myself I needed the calories (true) but also that it would help ease the pain. I practically lived off boxes of Thortons (certainly not cheap). Was great...

bethdivine Tue 11-Aug-09 21:09:02

extra bar a day at least, and the weight sadly hasn't dropped off 2nd time around as with DS I was out twice a day for lovely long walks, but now with DD I don't get out every day, plus DS often doesn't want to go out, so I'm struggling with the last stone! kidding myself it'll fall off when I stop BF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now