Talk

Advanced search

Other ready-made bottles besides SMA?

(4 Posts)
EverySingleStar Mon 10-Aug-09 18:59:01

I've seen the ready-made newborn bottles at Mothercare from SMA but really don't want to use SMA formula, is there any other formula that does them and where would I get them from? Or will I have to just go with the powder? Thanks...

reikizen Mon 10-Aug-09 19:16:10

I think Waitrose do Aptamil but it is very expensive. Most brands do the ready made cartons, but they are expensive too. What is your concern about powder? Or SMA, they are all pretty much the same, the only difference is branding!

Sullwah Mon 10-Aug-09 19:44:56

18 months ago ASDA did Cow and Gate ready made bottles. Not sure if they still do.

They are very useful for the first week or so when you are still getting your act together.

I dont think there is much difference between the brands - my two switched very easily between brands.

If you can afford it - then just use ready made cartons - so much easier. Probably £2-£3 a day.

EverySingleStar Mon 10-Aug-09 23:00:59

Reik No concerns about the powder per se, just thinking more for hospital stay (could be high-risk so more time in hospital than normal) and possibly for the first 3-5 days before we can get back on our feet/after visitors stop trawling through.

All personal recommendations for me have been Aptamil or Cow & Gate, I've personally known 5 babies that have had to switch off SMA as it made them very uncomfortable/bloated/diorrhoea etc etc.

Cartons sound fine, I suppose I'll go with those. Thanks both for your replies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now