Talk

Advanced search

drop of tap water fell in EBM bottle .. can I still use?

(9 Posts)
hairband Mon 10-Aug-09 09:35:38

Can I still use it?
Had just finished expressing and the bottle was on the work surface.. was rinsing out expressing equipment ready to be resterilised and a drop of water fell into the expressed milk bottle..
Do I have to throw it away.. husband thinks it is not safe to use, but I'm not sure, it was only one drop in a 50ml bottle..

Kicking myself.. as that milk was not easy to come by!

shootfromthehip Mon 10-Aug-09 09:37:15

Use it- IT WILL NOT harm your LO.

Anyway, they will be licking the cat before you know where you are and you'll wonder what you were ever worried about grin

greensnail Mon 10-Aug-09 09:37:49

I would use it if it were me.

daisyj Mon 10-Aug-09 09:40:15

Wouldn't even occur to me not to use it - but then my lo already has licked the cat grin

nickschick Mon 10-Aug-09 09:40:28

I think it will be ok too after all breastfeeding mums can hardly milton their nipples can they.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 10-Aug-09 09:43:39

use it

NoGoodNicknamesLeft Mon 10-Aug-09 09:51:34

Yeah, it's fine unless your LO has underlying health issues. My hubbie's a worrier too, you don't have to tell 'em everything.

Powdoc Mon 10-Aug-09 10:00:48

I'd also use it unless your baby has health issues. Wouldn't occur to me not to.

You don't say how old your baby is, but at 16 weeks, mine has already eaten dirt and grass (lying on picnic rug)!

hairband Mon 10-Aug-09 10:05:20

He is nearly 6 weeks - but was early - should really have been born one week ago.
Agree with you all - spot on, can't Milton nipples and I'm sure if we had a cat he would have licked it by now!!
Thanks for advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now