Talk

Advanced search

No daytime feed for over 2 weeks but breasts still painful and tender from around midday on.

(5 Posts)
suiledonn Sun 09-Aug-09 21:37:52

DD2 is nearly 9 months. A couple of weeks ago she started refusing all daytime feeds. She has a quick feed on waking but won't feed again until bedtime. I expressed once or twice at the beginning but wasn't sore or engorged so thought everything was settling down but I have been very sore the last few days and today I was in agony all afternoon.
Went for a day out and had to leave early I was so uncomfortable. Carrying dd is nearly impossible and a few times when changing her nappy she kicked me and I nearly keeled over.
How much longer could this go on?
I haven't been expressing as I thought this might encourage supply but should I?

suiledonn Mon 10-Aug-09 09:58:33

bump

suiledonn Mon 10-Aug-09 18:24:04

No-one with any advice? Had another miserable day.

Thanks

MiniMarmite Mon 10-Aug-09 18:36:32

Bumping for you as I don't really know the answer

Have you taken any paracetamol? Might help if you think there is actual inflammation.
I agree that expressing will probably just prolong the agony.

Poor you. I'll be giving up the day feeds soon so will watch with interest. I didn't have any problems when I stopped night feeds so hopefully will be ok.

Carrie06 Tue 11-Aug-09 17:34:25

maybe express a little just to relieve any pain and a tight supportive bra might help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now