Talk

Advanced search

Expressing at work

(6 Posts)
mariamerryweather Thu 06-Aug-09 20:16:19

Have searched for this as I'm sure it's been discussed before but no luck - sorry - is there legislation requiring employers to provide employees with somewhere to express?

I'm sure I recall this but not sure where from?

Thanks in advance - will help me help someone else out.

tiktok Thu 06-Aug-09 20:21:21

Yes there is - it comes under Health and Safety regulations. Your union, if you belong to one, should know about this. Or ask your HR dept. You can also check out European Safety and Work regulations.

tiktok Thu 06-Aug-09 20:23:53

www.hse.gov.uk/mothers/faqs.htm#a5

mariamerryweather Thu 06-Aug-09 20:29:12

Thank you Tiktok - much appreciated. smile

MrsBadger Thu 06-Aug-09 20:57:30

(if you are having trouble finding somewhere, popular venues mentioned on MN include the first aid room, lockable bookable meeting rooms, the employee showers or changing rooms (not loos), IT server rooms, stock rooms and photographic dark rooms. It doesn't have to be lovely, just good enough.
And the tea-room fridge is fine for storing milk and kit - just wrap it well and no-one will notice, let alone comment.
Good luck, there are lots of us on here smile)

mariamerryweather Wed 19-Aug-09 21:30:44

Just wanted to pop back to say thanks again to Tiktok (and to MrsBadger - belatedly) - my place of work now has a private room set up - with fridge next door - result!

Many thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now