Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else got a newborn on Aptimil formular?

(5 Posts)
SassyBo Thu 06-Aug-09 19:18:55

My newborn - 6 days old - has had aptimil right from being born, just wondering if its normal that she poo's all the time!!! She is always filling her nappy, as soon as shes had a feed and before the next feed i always have too change her again. Its not runny, just bright yellow and soft! Doesn't seem to cause any discomfort.

Eddas Thu 06-Aug-09 19:28:59

I haven't now as ds is 2 but he was on apatamil and pooed all the time! Literally every time I looked at his nappy it had poo in it.

girlsyearapart Thu 06-Aug-09 19:33:35

Yes both had it but only dd2 from birth and she was going after every feed too! Even asked the midwife as dd1 only went every few days after being on SMA for a bit.

ExtraFancy Thu 06-Aug-09 19:48:06

I might be wrong but I think it is something to do with the prebiotics/fish oils in Aptamil that cause runny poos. There have been threads about it in the past, but I don't have time to search at the mo, sorry!

It is normal though

SassyBo Thu 06-Aug-09 20:31:05

Oh thanks, seems normal then! My 1st dd was on sma and she was totally constipated, so we switched to aptimil at about 3 months, she was loads better but maybe a once a day girl! Although she was a bit older so maybe that makes a difference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now