Talk

Advanced search

videos or pictures showing how to latch

(7 Posts)
kazbeth Wed 05-Aug-09 09:33:16

Are there any around please? When I was breastfeeding first time I used a Jack Newman one but they seem to have changed now and don't seem to show the latching on bit.
thanks

ZippysMum Wed 05-Aug-09 17:38:53

This one seems quite good.

latching on video

undomesticatedgoddess Wed 05-Aug-09 18:11:09

I had a breastfeeding consultant come to me when DS was 8 weeks old. She showed me a really good Australian recording. Germaine Greer did the voice over but couldn't tell you any more than that - sorry.

Perhaps one of the help lines would know of it or another.

Might be worth looking at biological nurturing videos too. I was amazed when I saw it and it really helped me in those first days. Still amazed now - one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Grendle Wed 05-Aug-09 18:53:59

Dr Jack Newman video clips

Kellymom animation -though this one sort of implies you grip the head, which wouldn't help!

NHS photos

photos on this site http://www.normalfed.com/Starting/latchtalk.html

Biological nurturing.

Hope that helps smile!

Grendle Wed 05-Aug-09 18:54:40

Ooops trying again

Grendle Wed 05-Aug-09 19:02:41

Oh, and also Breastcrawl video -shame baby is taken away before being returned to mum, that the room seems to have a whole football crowd in it, but a lovely video nonetheless. Nothing gory either. Mum doesn't have to be flat on her back for this either.

kazbeth Thu 06-Aug-09 08:24:26

Thanks very much everyone for those, that's really helpful

The biological nurturing is interesting .. I wish I'd known about that with my first daughter who just wouldn't latch on (got there in the end but too weeks).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now