Talk

Advanced search

4 and half months old and won't drink milk

(8 Posts)
jayney88 Mon 03-Aug-09 21:45:05

my daughter is 4 and half months old and will not drink her milk she only drinks couple of oz per bottles and rarely drink the full 6oz. i tried given her some baby rice and different breakfasts but then she wouldn't drink any milk nearly all day. anyone had the same thing with feeding. any advice would be good.

RunJHC Tue 04-Aug-09 17:11:00

My DS at the same age went off his food and turns out he was teething - could it be that?

He's always been quite variable in how much milk he will take - some days only a few oz per feed, other days 6/7oz so I try not to worry as the periods of not eating much never last more than a few days. HTH

belgo Tue 04-Aug-09 17:15:48

Stop giving her baby rice and different breakfasts, you could be filling her up at the expense of her drinking milk.

Just concentrate on giving her milk. A normal healthy baby will drink as much milk as they need as long as they are given the opportunity.

differentID Tue 04-Aug-09 17:17:32

i'd cut all the solids atm tbh. it sounds like you're filling her up on the rice and purees and she doesn't actually need them yet.
If you're tummy is full, do you want to continue eating?

LuluMaman Tue 04-Aug-09 17:19:08

stop the food ! her stomach is tiny, also weaning is supposed to begin around 26 weeks, not 16 weeks

her tummy is tiny, and if it is full of rice and breakfast , there is no room for milk

some babies don't drink as much milk as others, but she will certainly drink more if milk is , as it should be at this age, her only food and drink

mogsey1 Thu 20-Aug-09 09:47:58

My daughter was in a fab routeen, you could set your watch by her then at 13 weeks she started pushing her bottle away. On the advice of my HV i have started her on baby rice. She isnt putting on weight and i am hoping this will help. I have tried every type of bottle, teat, changed her milk - nothing seems to help! I have seen this alot on other sites but no one seems to have any answers!!! Help!

WoTmania Thu 20-Aug-09 10:59:43

poss cos babyI don't know about the bottles teats milk etc BUT you do know that babyrice has less calories than milk (human or formula)? Very bad advice from HV. I would persevere with the milk for now.

RedHairedGirlie Thu 20-Aug-09 17:01:47

my DD is just coming up to 20 weeks and I am having the same problem, she just doesn't seem interested in finishing her bottles at the momeht - I feed her every 3 hours / 6oz and the last feed before she goes down at about 1830 I tend to give her 7oz. I know she is probably teething so could this be the reasons for the loss of interest? I thought maybe she was getting bored of the bottles and wants smething else? She sleeps through from 7-7 no problems...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now