Talk

Advanced search

DD, 10mo, takes morning milk in 2 lots but little or no brekkie?

(5 Posts)
titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 11:59:20

SHe tend to take about 120ml initially, then will have a nibble of something when I eat brekkie, eg. today she chewed on a tiny bit of apple but wouldn't take more than a spoonful of yogurt, and then when I put her down for her big sleep I offered her 60ml (remainder of bottle) and she took it all.

Is this a bad habit to get into ie interfering with lunch?

She generally naps for about 2 hrs from 10 to 12 and I give lunch at 1230 or 1pm. I try to make sure she's Hungry for lunch before I feed her IYSWIM.

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 12:04:36

roll with it, she is tiny

milk is still more important than food

dd didn't get into eating breakfast till she was about 13m though I offered (mini shredded wheat / cream cheese on toast etc) every single day from about 7m

titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 12:34:50

thanks, just wanted to make sure this wasn't a bad habit... will carry on as it's a good way to get a bit more milk in, as she takes a smaller amount in the afternoonn anyway.

belgo Mon 03-Aug-09 12:39:58

my ds is almost 10 months, and also has little or no breakfast, just breast milk and sometimes bread. He also naps at about 10am and has his dinner when he wakes up.

titferbrains Mon 03-Aug-09 13:07:09

thanks belgo, it's always nice to know that someone's baby is doing the same thing as DD! I feel like we'll never catch up and be normal sometimes...silly, I know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now