Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If there is one thing that will stop me breatfeeding it is this................

(40 Posts)
drosophila Sun 02-Aug-09 23:02:28

LEAKING at night. I am so tired of the uncomfortable things I wear to try and keep the breast pads in place. I lay in bed this morning and dreamt of going to Dragon's Den with my new invention - comfortable nightwear for the breast feeding mother. Any tips????

Tommy Sun 02-Aug-09 23:04:45

I used to go to sleep with a towel across my boobs.....

you've just reminded me.....

thisisyesterday Sun 02-Aug-09 23:05:06

yeah, lay on a towel and don't worry about it!
it's taken me 3 babies to realise that actually, it's much nicer to sleep braless and just change the towel when wet than to try and use breastpads

Tommy Sun 02-Aug-09 23:05:51

it doesn't last

Jojay Sun 02-Aug-09 23:06:13

I feel your pain!

I wore nursing bras day and night for what seemed like for ever.

In the end I have some old really crappy ones that had gone all saggy but were comfy enough at night, and they kept pads in place.

It's grim isn't it sad

drosophila Sun 02-Aug-09 23:07:19

So one of you suggest accross the boob the other underneath. I did imagine designing a very elastic boob tube made from super absorbent toweling material. What do you think????

Jojay Sun 02-Aug-09 23:07:28

tommy - you say it doesn't last - IT BLIMMIN' WELL DOES!!

Or it did for me anyway.

Not as bad with DS2 but with DS1 it went on for months

drosophila Sun 02-Aug-09 23:08:46

Last night the quilt was wet but I my vest thingy was dry. How did that happen.

thisisyesterday Sun 02-Aug-09 23:08:57

yeah i guess it depends how you lay. i always sleep on my side, so just used to get leakage onto the bed, hence laying on the towel.

i reckon a towel boob tube would be perfect!

sweetkitty Sun 02-Aug-09 23:10:18

I'm going to invent a tap for boobs!

Tommy Sun 02-Aug-09 23:11:42

well....not for ever wink

I don't have leaky boobs anymore - I stopped feeding about 10 months ago - you see, it doesn't last grin

lilacpink Sun 02-Aug-09 23:19:39

Disposable toddler bed mats are useful - I know ASDA sell them as prob do most stores, they're flat so more easy to sleep on. I only BF for awhile (had to express and feed), but found these comfy to lie on and v.absorbant should breast pads move. They're useful in car seats/push chairs when you potty train too, so if you don't get on with them save them for later

DitaVonCheese Sun 02-Aug-09 23:19:52

I sleep in Bravado bras - the ones with no fastenings that pull over your head. They're pretty comfy (though the pads sometimes escape, plus I think DD has worked out how the clips work hmm).

Rindercella Sun 02-Aug-09 23:24:46

I don't have leaky boobs anymore - DD is nearly 2 years old & still b/fing. Haven't had leaky boobs since she was a few months old. It just feels like forever at the time. It's really not smile

notcitrus Sun 02-Aug-09 23:35:01

After 3 months I only leaked on one side.
In retrospect don't know why I waited to 8 months to just quit on that side... 3 months on both ds and I are sleeping great! [touch wood, etc]

I'd have quit bf if that hadn't worked. Local bfc figured if I was still leaky after 8mo of bf on demand, it wasn't going to get better.

DitaVonCheese Sun 02-Aug-09 23:36:57

Meh - still wearing pads day and night at 10 months here

WoTmania Mon 03-Aug-09 07:27:56

I tuck muslins into my nightie one folded in each side. And in the early days I have a towel down on the bed too.

SpookyMadMummy Mon 03-Aug-09 07:40:44

I got a couple of these which seemed to help. I am quite ample of nork and they seem to hold the breast pads in place, although when they leak its a bit like having a jumper stuck to you!
I also always use 2 breast pads down the front of my bra placed in a figure 8, the top one covering the nipple. This means when I am feeding DD and I start to leak on the other side I can in one movement whip out the wet breastpad and move the dry one up.

Babieseverywhere Mon 03-Aug-09 08:08:14

I had this problem and would recommend Lily Padz

Great for sleeping, sex and swimming without milk flying freely.

And for general daytime use, lanisoh cloth breast pads, comfortable and very absorbant

HTH

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 03-Aug-09 08:09:38

Wearing a bra at night made it worse for me

GoldenSnitch Mon 03-Aug-09 08:22:29

I had a soft bra which looked like a little girls training bra. Mostly, it managed to keep the pads in place but I do remember sticking them to my boobs with first aid tape once or twice!

wastingmyejumication Mon 03-Aug-09 14:45:46

I wouldn't wear a bra at night - moist and warm = fungal.

I'd tuck a muslin underneath me, but mostly just ignore it. It won't hurt.

drosophila Mon 03-Aug-09 17:05:45

Thanks guys. I have the vest version of the mothercare feeding top and it is ok - probably the best thing I have. Those silicone pads look interesting. Might try them too. This is my 3rd Bfeeding experience and I deffo leaking more than before. Sometimes when I come out of the shower I can't control it. Do you think Dragon'e Den would be interested in my boob tube idea.

comewhinewithme Mon 03-Aug-09 17:09:51

I jumped out of bed the other morning and thought "Gosh it's raining hard outside"

hmm no that would be my milk hiting the floor .

I don't wear a bra just sleep on a towel .

Jennylee Mon 03-Aug-09 19:23:06

it can last my dd is a year and i still leak it sucks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now